Thursday, May 21, 2009

I......

I Am: A Christian, a wife, a mother, a niece, an orphan, a scrapbooker, a crafty girl, and a survivor!

I Want: my kids to have all the things I didn't have growing up. And I don't mean material things, I mean to know their parents will always put them first, self assurance, to know that they can come to me with anything and I will protect them. To not have to know what alcohol, drugs and abuse can do to a child and most of all to know that I love them unconditionally.

I Have: an amazing husband who makes raising three kids fun, easy, and more manageable than I ever thought possible.

I Wish: I had all my friends and family all together in one place....not spread out across the country!

I Fear: not seeing my children grow up.

I Hear: Yo Gabba Gabba for the first of many times today.....it is the kiddos absolute FAVORITE show! Even the twins love it! (For those of you with a comment about kids and t.v., keep it to yourself thanks! It gives me my sanity some days!)

I Search: for a balance in my life between mommy hood and not losing me. It is a work in progress! Raising my kids is always first and foremost but it is nice to get a chance for me time and the things I enjoy every once in awhile too!

I Wonder: what my mom would think of this family that I have created, if she was alive today. I also wonder if my Dad is still living or where he is. Does he ever think about me and the family he is missing out on?

I Regret: not spending more time with my mom the summer before she died.

I Love: fiercely, if you are someone I consider to be a friend or family, then I am loyal to the end. I will fight for you or be there for you....whatever the situation calls for. Because I love big!

I Always: take way to many pictures, trying to get that PERFECT shot!

I Usually: start my day by settling the kids in with breakfast and their sippy cups, then logging on facebook to see what the rest of the "world" is up to! It is my instant connection with the rest of the planet! LOL!

I Am Not: one who has a problem with speaking my mind......I usually tell it like it is. I have a strong set of beliefs and I stand by them!

I Dance: in the living room with my kids! Even when Kyndall tells me "No dancin' momma!"

I Sing: at the top of my lungs, with the car radio turned up loud and the windows down every chance I get!!

I Never: get tired of listening to music. My life's soundtrack would take you all over the spectrum into lots of genres (think hip hop, country, rap, pop, and jazz!). I truly believe there is an appropriate song for every occasion!

I Rarely: buy something without a coupon! I am a huge fan of Gymbucks, Children's Place Rewards, Old Navy cash back, Kohls Cash....I could go on and on...but you get my drift. I am a bargain shopper!

I Cry: freely. I wear my heart on my sleeve and it isn't uncommon for Jordan to find me blubbering over a commercial or a music video if they strike me just right. What can I say? I'm an emotional girl!

I Am Not Always: ready to jump right out of the bed in the morning! Probably cause I have a tendency to stay up entirely too late!!!

I Need: to keep making my health a top priority! 2009 is my year to have it all!!!!


I saw this list on my friend Paige's Blog a few days ago, and made a mental note that it was something I wanted to do on my blog also. I fell in love with the concept of journaling prompts in college, it always seemed to make writing assignments so much easier. Now as I blog there are days that I find myself stumped. I will have thoughts and ideas that I want to get out, but not a great concept as to how to put them together! So it little lists like this that help me to express myself. Thanks to Paige for posting it and for helping me to put some words to paper, eerrr, I mean computer screen! LOL!

4 comments:

Erica said...

really great post, i feel you on a lot of your points (yo gabba gabba fan club over here to) :)

A Fanciful Life said...

Really, really nice post. I admire your ability to talk straight from the heart.

Paige said...

I really love that you posted this. Your such an admirable Mother and friend. I love that your talk/type straight from your heart. I wonder the same thing about my real Dad sometimes. We're not fans of Yo Gabba Gabba but thank goodness for great cartoons and t.v.! I think I would of lost my sanity a long time ago if it wasn't for noggin' and Disney! I also love doing these journalism prompts also. But I'm sure that you can tell with me doing the ABC's one now, but it was not as fun as this one! lol. Hope you have a great weekend!

Spearmint Baby said...

i saw you on the mom bloggers club, and just thought i would stop by to say hello :))