Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Night Owl Ramblin'

That is what I am doing tonight. Staying up way to late as usual, and writing this post just to break the monotony between facebook, , twittering, , two peas , and other random site surfing! I had a VERY productive day today. Got almost all my laundry done, including the parts I hate....folding it and putting it away. I dream of the day when I can hire someone just to do that dreaded part of the task!

I hosted a premier designs jewelry party at my house tonight. It was nice. I earned a lot of free jewelry and it was a great reason to clean my house from top to bottom! :) We even got the kids rooms picked up! Toys got sorted and re-distributed (with a lot of help from mom-mom, THANKS!!!) It is inevitable with 3 kids that stuff just gets mixed together. Kyndall's room ends up with baby/early toddler toys. The twins end up with her stuff in their room. Not to mention paci, sippies, and other random personal items that just go through an endless swap! These poor kids have very few things that are strictly theirs. But I guess that just comes with the territory of being in a house full of siblings. I was an only child until my aunt and uncle took me in and that was one of the hardest things for me to adjust to. Once you have other kids around it seems like your "stuff" becomes public property to a certain extent. It is probably one of the reasons that I am so particular about my things to this day! I loved my cousins, don't get me wrong, but as a teenager your stuff can tend to define you in your mind. So to share that with younger kids can be kind of a bummer, when you are used to having no one else around! I am hoping that since my kids are so close together in age, they will always foster a sharing spirit. They won't ever really remember a time when things were all theirs. They will probably only remember that they always had to share, or fight, with and for their toys! LOL! I am not sure if that is good or bad, but that is just the facts of life around this place!

The rest of the week from here out gets crazy busy for us.....I think we have something to do everyday until after church on Sunday. Shew! If I make it til then! I am super excited for Relay for Life Friday night. It is something we have taken part in here in Allen County ever since I moved here. I am praying for nice weather, as last year was rained out and they had to stuff us all into the highschool. We are deserving of a nice day, so if one is in the cards for us, I hope Friday is it!

Well I am going to try and catch some zzz's. I hope that tomorrow is just as productive as today. Of course the big challenge is maintaining the order in the house that we worked so hard today on! With 3 kids it is a constant challenge. I put away and they drag out. Oh well. Maybe they will discover some new exciting toys that they forgot they had! That might keep them occupied! LOL!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! I'll check in soon!

No comments: