Saturday, February 7, 2009

Keeping babies out or mama in??? I am not sure sometimes! :)






This is what I see most nights when I am in the kitchen making dinner. It absolutely cracks me up. Claire has been doing it for quite awhile, but Keaton has just recently figured out he can come over and watch his mama through the baby gate. They look so funny as they peer through at me. Sometimes they will yell as if to say hey remember us, let us in this thing. Other times they just stand and watch. Content to see what I am doing and happy to see the world in a different way. The funniest times are when Claire puts her face up against the mesh and sticks her tongues through the holes. These kids are so funny. It is strange to think that we won't have to always have these gates up. That one day the kids will be free to go anywhere when they are older. But for now, I enjoy making dinner without three little ones around my feet. Although we do have the occasional escapee as Jordan or I go in and out. But for the most part the gate does the job. God bless the person who invented the baby gate! :)

3 comments:

Chris said...

What cute pictures! I used baby gates all the time with the boys. It didn't take long though until the both figured out how to get over them. LOL! Once again, thanks for bringing back some memories for me.

Helene said...

This post made me laugh because I have soooo been there!! Your twins are adorable!!! I have two sets of twins (4 yrs old and under) and baby gates were a saving grace for me! We've since taken them down and I get the pleasure of making dinner now with them all hanging around my legs or wanting to sit on the counter and help me cook dinner!!

I found your blog through MBC!

Leanna said...

Yea...I think it was too much of a pain moving the coffee table to block the way every time...LOL