Sunday, February 1, 2009

Shew, where did my weekend go?

I can't believe that I am sitting here and it is Sunday night already! I was so busy this weekend that I don't even really remember when one day ended and the next one started. But it was a good busy, a fun busy, the kind of busy that you wished could last longer than Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

First of all on Friday night I got the supreme luxury of going to crop with some of my old Memory Box buddies!!!! Along with meeting some new fun scrappers too. It was great. Betty, Terri and Deb W. along with their regular croppin' group had rented out two cabins at Barren River Lake to spend the whole weekend scrappin', relaxing, and just hanging out in general. I was blessed to be able to spend from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday hanging out and being crafty with them! The cabins were awesome and everyone had more than enough space to spread out and be creative. I got more done that night than I ever have at any other crop in my recent memory. I completed three pages and two cards. I felt super productive! Plus it was so great to be with old friends. We shared stories and laughed and laughed. I would have loved to stayed the whole weekend, but that wasn't in the cards for this trip. Maybe next time.

I am truly blessed to have been included in this awesome time with such fun people! Another great side-effect is that I came home re-inspired to create more layouts this year than I have in the past few months. I remembered again what it was like to scrapbook just cause I loved it. Not necessarily for doing a book for someone else, or to make projects to sell. So I am hoping the motivation from this will last me well into the spring! Then when it runs out I will know it is time for another girls night out with the scrappy friends! :)

Saturday I woke up bright and early to babies that were ready to play, play, play. Kyndall had gone to Mom-Mom's the night before and stayed with her. So I had some good one on two time with the twins. Jordan had left out earlier in the morning to cook the men feed the masses breakfast at church. He and several other guys get together every few months and cook for all of the women and kids. It is a fun time and the food is usually pretty good! Unfortunately this time conflicted with one of the most important dates I have on my calendar this month....sign up for the 'Lil Angels Attic Consignment Sale. I was on pins and needles most of Saturday morning right up until sign up time. I am always worried that I won't get in or that my computer will goof up, since consignor numbers go in usually less than two minutes. I was one of the lucky few, along with my mother-in-law. We both got in and now begin the daunting task of sorting out spring/summer clothes from the fall/winter cause they only accept seasonal items. I have a feeling that numbers went in record time this year. Last sale I was able to sign up for a number and then go in a few days later and sign up a volunteer shift and pick my drop off time. This time around it seemed like all those things went quick. By the time I made it over to the volunteer page, lots of shifts were already full. I got decent times for both and I am excited as always about the sale. Not only will I be able to get rid of a bunch of stuff that is taking up space in my basement. I am excited about getting new spring/summer stuff for the kids. I am a shop-a-holic when it comes to my kids wardrobe, but that doesn't mean I don't love a bargain. I rarely, RARELY, rarely pay full price for anything. I am the queen of coupons, consignment and yard sales. When you have three kids, every penny matters!

After getting myself signed up for the sale and Jordan getting home from breakfast we decided to head to Bowling Green to go to the mall and run some errands. So we packed up Claire and Keaton and all their traveling supplies and headed out. Kyndall stayed in the 'ville, since Brian and Micca were picking her up that evening to go celebrate Brittany's 16th b-day. We made pretty much a whole day of shopping. We spent from 12-6 in the mall and at hobby lobby and party one looking for supplies for the twins first birthday (to no avail). We ate dinner with the Lee's at Logan's that evening. After that we headed over to Kohl's to check out their spring clothes and winter clearance. That was our last stop of the day and we headed home with some great new stuff at great prices and three tired kids!

Sunday morning was our usual rush of getting three kids up, ready and out the door in time for church. We headed to Fountain Run to visit with Jordan's family for the afternoon. Jordan's little brother Matthew came up with his mom from Tennessee to see us. He is a doll and we hadn't seen him in a long time. It was good to catch up with them. I was glad that they got a chance to see the babies. It is funny that Kyndall has an uncle who is only about five years older than her! She thinks Uncle Matthew is pretty darn cool though! We left there in just enough time to run back to town to drop the twins off with babysitter mom-mom, go to the grocery for some Super Bowl snacks and head to church for the party. There was a good time had by all at the party, even though I was more interested in the commercials than the game. However, I was sorely disappointed by the commercials this year. I just didn't think they were as GRAND as years past. Oh well, maybe the economy will be better next year and retailers will feel more like spending millions of dollars to get me to send five dollars their way! LOL!

Last but not least I did get a chance to go to First Place and weigh-in and have a short meeting before the game party started. It was a nice pick-me up. It gave me a few quiet minutes and I am proud to say that I was down another 1 and 3/4 pounds. I have lost almost nine total. Slowly but surely the weight is coming off. I figure it took awhile to put it on, it is going to take awhile to come off! I joined the YMCA on Friday so that will give me a little boost and let me get out of the house some during the week with the kids to break up my day. I am excited to go to my first step aerobics class tomorrow night. It is actually a class that is taught by my church friend and First Place coordinator Marritta, so I think I will feel totally comfortable even though I may not get all the moves on my first try! LOL! Good thing no one is videoing this thing!

So now here I sit at the tail end of my weekend, exhausted but happy that I had a great time with my friends, family, and church. I am excited for a new week, and a new chance to be a healthier me. I know it will be just as busy, but I promise to be a better blogger in the days ahead!

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much as I did!!! TTFN!


The One and Only said...

I want some information about that consignment sale!

Paige said...

So I believe that I got into volunteer for the sale. I'm not exactly sure, my Mother did it for me because I was SO exhausted that morning from work! But I cannot wait until the sale, I just love everything about it! It sounds like you had a pretty awesome weekend! I have been going to the YMCA working out in the mornings..I really want to start doing some of the classes but am scared to death that I am going to make a "fool" of myself whenever I do. Charli loves loves loves going up there and seeing the kids and playing basketball in the gym. We should do a workout/play date sometime! lol. Also, maybe you can help me understand my login and all for the lilangels site.

Deborah said...

It was great seeing you again and scrapping like old times. Hopefully you can join us again soon. Deb W

Betty said...

So glad you were able to join us Friday night. It was great seeing you and pics of the little ones. They are growing so fast!!!

Hope you'll be able to join us for more scrappin fun soon!

Also, congrats on your weight loss!