So, one of the windows that is pretty much always open on my computer is the website Two Peas in a Bucket I go there for scrappin' inspiration, to buy supplies, to look at other scrappers work, and to chat on the message boards. Okay, so mostly I do the latter! LOL! But it does keep me connected to other scrappers and other bloggers as well. On the general scrappin' board, DolphinDesigns comes up with challenges to help all the bloggers have something to write about! :) I can always use a little inspiration from time to time and yesterday she challenged us all to blog about five ways we have changed in the past five years! I thought with it being a new year and all that sounded like a great idea. So although I am a day late (the story of my life) here is my answer to that challenge!
1. The most major of things that has changed in my life is that I am now a mom.....to THREE kids!! There are days when I can hardly believe it. Days when I stay up late thinking, am I really ready for motherhood and then realize ready or not I am knee-deep in it! It is the most awesome, exciting, tiring, scarey, meaningful job that I have ever had in my life! The crazy thing is that I always just knew in my bones that I wanted to be a mom to lots of kids. I never had true real career goals that I was passionate about. I mean I wanted to go to college and I had ideas about what I wanted to do for a job. Just nothing that I was 100% decided to pursue. As far back as highschool I remember thinking a job would be nice, but what I really wanted was a family of my own. So I guess you could say in an exhausting, messy, fun, crazy way my dreams have come true! I love my kiddos and as hard as it can be at times I know that I wouldn't want my life any other way!
2. I am fatter... :( I still have a closet full of size 2's and 4's from highschool, but the truth of the matter is those days are gone! Maybe one day my girls will want to wear them, afterall things do seem to be coming back into style from my day! :) Ha, ha, ha. But on the bright side, there is more of me to love!
3. So the ironic thing is that even with #2 being stated, I am still happier! I am settled into a life I love. I have a great home, a wonderful church, and a family that loves me. All my relationships are ones that I have because they fullfill me not because I am trying to make someone else happy. I am my own person and although five years ago I was on my way, I wasn't in the same place as I am today.
4. I am finally letting some of my true hair color shine through! I know you are thinking big deal. But for me it is. My hair was ready for a break. I realized the last year that I had colored it continuously for over ten years. That is a lot of bleach and highlights! So for the first time in ten years I let my natural color grow out and kept it that way for quite some time. I got the color itch a few months ago, but still only have highlights on the top. I am so happy to have my natural color back and more importantly remember what that natural color even was!
5. Lastly but most certainly most importantly I am married. Jordan and I will celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary this year! We started dating in 2001 and were married in 2004, where does the time go. It seems crazy to think that we already have three kids. But I guess when you have them two at a time, your family number increases with a quickness! The crazy thing is we even waited a year and a half after getting married before I was preggo with Kyndall! So being married is another change, but one that I wouldn't change for anything. I love my husband and he is one of the best things to ever happen to me. Not to mention a fabulous father to our kids. My family always tells me that if they had hand-picked my husband they couldn't have found better then him. I secretly think they like him more than me, but that is to be expected he is a lot nicer! :)
So there ya have it, five changes in the past five years. Crazy to look at all in one place. Where does the time go? Time to start looking forward to the next five I guess!
TGIF!!! Have a fun and safe weekend!