Monday, March 30, 2009

Serenity Prayer

"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen."

--Reinhold Niebuhr


Just some words that have spoken to my heart tonight. They seem fitting for some of the events that have surrounded me lately. For someone that is a bit of a control freak (well more than a bit) it is nice to remind myself of who is truly in control. That I need to hand over all things to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. For it is not in the things of this earth that I shall dwell with for eternity, it is with him. I am so thankful for my Lord God, with him all things are possible in my life.

No comments: