Monday, December 22, 2008

I never thought this day would come.....

But tonight Kyndall is out of her crib and into the toddler bed. She absolutely adores it. From the moment Jordan brought it through the front door she has sat on it and talked about it and layed in it. As soon as we put it in her room she asked for a blanket, her silky bear and her paci! She was ready to go to bed.....fully dressed! The girl is a nut and me, well I am an emotional mess!!!!! I have cried all night over it! I feel like she is so grown up. It is breaking my heart. But I will get over it. It's not like I don't have two babies in cribs in the room right across the hall. Still Kyndall is my first baby. The one that I made all my first time mom mistakes on. The one that broke me in. The one that gave me lots of new experiences. The one that was little just the other day. So here I sit typing and crying. Resisting the urge to go into her room and set up camp for the night next to her bed. I guess a little part of me wishes that she didn't like it so much. That she didn't move from babyhood to the big-girl world with such ease. It took no effort on my part to convince her the bed was the place to be. She just knew it was the next step and she was ready to roll with it! I wish that maybe she would want to stay little just a little while longer. To make her old momma feel more happy, and a little less like she is losing her baby. But we all know that kids grow up. This is the first of so many "firsts" and so I need to put on my big girl panties and accept the change. But going in for one last goodnight kiss and extra pat of the head won't hurt so I'm off to do just that. But I am going to blow my nose first! :)

Take a minute to love your little ones while you can. And remember to remember the small things they do that make you love them so very much!!!! TTFN!

3 comments:

Chris said...

That's a big first to move to the toddler bed. I remember those days. You are such a sweet mommy. My 1st baby is 14 now and little things he does to grow up still break my heart and make me cry but in a very good way. Love you children with all your heart and enjoy every milestone and cry all you want because your the momma and you deserve it.

Anonymous said...

I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL!!!!! I was the same way with Austin's toddler bed and now he isn't even in that anymore. SAD! He has a teddy bear blanket that he has had since before he was born. He is sooo attached to this blanket and sleeps with it every night. Luckily, he no longer has to have it 24/7, but if he's sleepy, sick, or just watching t.v. at home, he HAS to have it. It's really fuzzy too and he pulls off the fuzzy pieces with his fingers and puts them up to his nose and tickles his nose with them. Then he will throw the fuzz down and pick another piece off, so needless to say, it's bare now.

I promise I'm going somewhere with this...so a few months ago Kerry's mom had gotten a really fuzzy blanket and Austin loved it when he went to her house!! She ended up getting him oneto take home. That night he didn't want his teddy bear blanket, just the new one. I BEGGED him to take his teddy bear one, and he wouldn't. So, I took it and held it all night, crying, I slept with it, and Kerry laughed at me. It was just SOOOOOO sad to think he had loved that blanket for over 4 years and now he was just pushing it aside. Needless to say though, he missed it and wanted it back after about a week. So, is back to his old ways with the teddy bear blanket, but it was really heartbreaking at the time.

Wow, I have just written my own little blog in your comment, haha. The point is that I know what you're going through, I feel your pain, and it will be okay. It's just time to transistion into a whole new line of firsts! And believe me, there will be PLENTY more! I love ya!

Randy Stovall said...

This is so sweet. I am glad that she did have such an easy time heading into the big girl world because that is also hard on a Mommy whenever they are not ready. I know how you feel though. I was ready in a way for Charli to get into her big girl bed, but her I still miss her being a baby all the time. I think it's sweet that she also has to have her blankie to sleep with. Charli Beth has never done this. I hope you and her both did good through her first night in her bed!